News and comment
The external links on this page will take you to other sites which are not connected to the regulated site of . Neither nor
Welcome to your on-line financial newsletter. This service is regularly updated to bring you news of important developments in financial matters.
Citywire Investment News
- Sarasin renames AgriSar fund and lowers fees
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 12:46:43 +0100
Sarasin has rebranded its AgriSar fund as the Food and Agriculture Opportunities fund.
- Aberdeen co-founder takes wealth firm public to fund acquisitions
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 12:39:05 +0100
European Wealth, the firm founded by Aberdeen co-founder George Robb, has staged a reverse takeover of its parent company that will see it list on AIM.
- How this top US fund is playing the shale boom in 7 stocks
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 12:26:42 +0100
Ed Cowart and John Pandtle, managers of the Nordea 1 - North American All Cap fund, reveal the stocks they back to benefit from the US energy revolution.
- Canaccord Wealth's Jukes: why bitcoin could cause disruption
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 11:56:39 +0100
Robert Jukes, global strategist at Canaccord Genuity Wealth Management offers an insight into his investment thinking and outlines the potential impact of the rise of crypto-currencies.
Citywire Money, Tax and Property
- Old age debt: 100,000 over-75s still burdened with mortgages
Wed, 12 Mar 2014 14:17:45 Z
Older pensioners are shouldering the burden of thousands of pounds of mortgage debt well into their 70s.
- Over £1bn of cash raided from UK homes to pay bills
Thu, 23 Jan 2014 08:22:00 Z
More people will turn to the equity in their homes to clear mortgages and pay bills in 2014.
- Why I'm keeping a beady eye on Mobius
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 12:04:55 +0100
Mark Mobius' Templeton Emerging Markets (TEM) investment trust looked attractive as I prepared Citywire's Top Trust portfolio.
- Insurers prop up flagging FTSE as Ukraine fears weigh
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 11:32:24 +0100
Insurers notch up gains but the FTSE 100 is weighed down by nerves over tensions between Russia and the West.
- Mortgage tide turns as five-year rates creep up
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 09:00:00 +0100
The cost of five-year mortgages has started to rise as lenders price in future interest rate increases.
- The Expert View: Tesco, Hargreaves Lansdown and Grainger
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 05:01:00 +0100
Our daily roundup of the best analyst commentary on shares, also including Dialight and Safestore.
BBC Business News
- US banking giants see mixed results
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 12:50:31 GMT
US banking giant Goldman Sachs reports a drop in net earnings while Morgan Stanley sees profits jump.
- RBS: No evidence of small firm fraud
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 12:11:13 GMT
Royal Bank of Scotland says law firm Clifford Chance has cleared it over allegations that it forced small firms to close so it could make a profit.
- Co-op Group reports £2.5bn loss
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 12:01:32 GMT
The Co-operative Group reports losses of £2.5bn, the worst results in its 150-year history, after what its chief executive calls a "disastrous" year.
- VIDEO: Union backs plans for Co-op reform
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 11:45:35 GMT
The Co-operative Group has announced losses of £2.5bn provoking widespread calls for reform, including from one of the business's main unions Unite.
- Efforts to find cause of power cut
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 12:53:21 GMT
Engineers are still trying to establish what caused a power cut which blacked out most of northern Scotland on Wednesday night.
- Leigh and Loach selected for Cannes
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 12:52:05 GMT
Veteran British directors Mike Leigh and Ken Loach see their new films selected for competition at this year's Cannes Film Festival.
- Westwood leads by a shot in Malaysia
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 12:48:48 GMT
England's Lee Westwood shoots an opening-round 65 at the Malaysian Open to lead by one shot from Nicolas Colsaerts.
- George Alagiah diagnosed with cancer
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 12:46:55 GMT
BBC presenter George Alagiah diagnosed with bowel cancer