News and comment
The external links on this page will take you to other sites which are not connected to the regulated site of . Neither nor
Welcome to your on-line financial newsletter. This service is regularly updated to bring you news of important developments in financial matters.
Citywire Investment News
- Kames give Milburn co-manager on High Yield Global Bond fund
Fri, 24 May 2013 11:39:16 +0100
Kames Capital has named Claire McGuckin as co-manager of its High Yield Global Bond fund alongside Phil Milburn.
- The world's top 20 most valuable brands
Fri, 24 May 2013 11:32:15 +0100
Research commissioned by multi-national advertising firm WPP reveals the most valuable brands across the globe.
- Franklin Templeton to soft close Mobius? Frontier Markets fund
Fri, 24 May 2013 11:23:30 +0100
Franklin Templeton is soft closing Mark Mobius' Templeton Frontier Markets following a surge in interest.
- FTSE drifts lower as investors ponder next move
Fri, 24 May 2013 11:04:40 +0100
Uncertainty over whether yesterday's crash creates a buying opportunity or is a prelude to further falls sees the FTSE 100 shed 0.5%.
Citywire Money, Tax and Property
- Castle Trust: a bet for both sides of the property market
Fri, 19 Apr 2013 14:44:11 +0100
We look at a company offering a savings account and a 'shared equity' mortgage that let you take a punt on whether house prices are rising or falling.
- Santander told to contact borrowers about botched rate change
Fri, 19 Apr 2013 13:22:56 +0100
The City watchdog has ordered Santander bank to contact 270,000 mortgage borrowers whom it failed to explain an important change in their contract five years ago.
- Buy-to-let is booming but beware the pitfalls
Thu, 18 Apr 2013 11:25:46 +0100
The buy-to-let market is buoyant as investors are lured by high rents and cheap mortgages.
- Landlords targeted in HMRC tax clamp down
Wed, 20 Feb 2013 09:00:00 Z
HMRC is demanding landlords hand over details of their properties and tenants even if they have declared rental income.
- Co-op Bank stops new corporate lending to conserve capital
Fri, 24 May 2013 15:58:30 +0100
Co-operative Bank, the troubled mutual, has closed its doors to new corporate borrowers.
- Long on active managers: more on this month's winners
Fri, 24 May 2013 14:06:04 +0100
Citywire analyst Nisha Long discusses some of the new faces climbing up the Citywire Fund Manager Ratings.
- No fools here: April?s batch of the best fund managers
Fri, 24 May 2013 13:57:53 +0100
With the performance figures from April now in and analysed, we bring you our latest pick of the Citywire-rated fund managers.
- FCA plans to ban and fine mutual director over conflicts of interest
Fri, 24 May 2013 11:51:23 +0100
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) plans to ban a non-executive director of two UK mutual societies and fine her £154,800 over her failure to disclose her conflicts of interest.
BBC Business News
- News Corp to split in two on 28 June
Fri, 24 May 2013 15:21:38 GMT
News Corp announces it will officially split its publishing and entertainment businesses on 28 June, two years after the UK phone-hacking scandal involving the News of the World.
- Co-op halts new business lending
Fri, 24 May 2013 14:40:10 GMT
Co-operative Bank has stopped offering new business loans amid concerns over its capital position and talks with UK regulators.
- Japanese stocks recover after falls
Fri, 24 May 2013 13:52:44 GMT
Shares in Japan have closed 0.89% higher, one day after Thursday's global sell-off in shares.
- VIDEO: Hugh's review: Stock markets volatile
Fri, 24 May 2013 12:20:28 GMT
It has been a turbulent week on the world's stock markets, with investor confidence shaken amid fears that central banks may ease their stimulus plans.
- Factory fire 'stay indoors' warning
Fri, 24 May 2013 15:36:29 GMT
Residents are urged to stay indoors as firefighters tackle a large blaze and explosions at a coathanger plant on a Flintshire business park.
- Two held after plane alert over UK
Fri, 24 May 2013 15:33:51 GMT
Two men are held on suspicion of endangerment of an aircraft after RAF jets were scrambled to escort a passenger plane en route from Pakistan to the UK.
- Man murdered wife in 'jealous rage'
Fri, 24 May 2013 15:28:21 GMT
A man is jailed for life for stabbing to death his wife as she was getting ready for a weekend away with her new boyfriend.
- Townsend faces FA gambling charge
Fri, 24 May 2013 15:25:50 GMT
Andros Townsend pulls out of the England Under-21s European Championships squad following FA betting charges.